Welcome to the Rx7 Forum and Owners Club.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   Rx7 Forum and Owners Club > General RX-7 Area > TECH Support

TECH Support Technical Support for your RX7, Open 24/7/365. Post your problems and see if someone can help!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
zizrac

Default Boost Spike Damage
I need some tech troubleshooting after a very large boost spike. I've been running 13lbs and a very unfortunate situation led to a 28lbs spike.

The only reason my engine is still running is because I think my Garrett GT35R turbo popped before I had time to even react to the spike...I'm thinking good thing it did. I assume it popped because I no longer have boost. So my first question is, can a turbo be dead even if it still spins? I pulled it off the car and I can spin the wheel without any noticeable damage to the fins or bearings.

Second problem is that I could not get my engine over 5K rpms. It starts, idles, and runs fine till that point. I was thinking the damaged turbo was restricting airflow, but since it spin ok I'm having second thoughts about my motor being ok. Do you think I damaged/popped my motor too?

My last question is, do you know where I can get a GT35R...Cheap!! (.82 A/R Turbine) Thanks for your help.
zizrac is offline   Reply With Quote